Should You See an Orlando Chiropractor for Headache Treatment?
Do you suffer from headaches or migraines?
As many as 80% of the population report getting tension headaches from time to time, with approximately 23 million suffering from migraines.
If you’re looking for headache and migraine relief that’s all-natural, your Orlando chiropractor can help with a custom migraine or headache treatment plan.
Why Identifying the Type of Headache You Have Is Important
Your chiropractor needs to find the root cause of your pain. Otherwise, they’re just providing you with temporary relief by treating your painful symptoms. You’ve been suffering enough – why not get some long-term relief?
Not all headaches have the same underlying cause. Just like not all headaches are migraines, even when they feel just as painful.
Some common types of headaches and their causes include:
- Tension headaches caused by muscle tension
- Migraines can be caused by chemical imbalances in the brain
- Cluster headaches may be caused by abnormalities in the hypothalamus (the body’s biological clock)
Migraines and tension headaches typically have triggers, such as:
- Bright light
- Loud noises
- Certain smells
- Food sensitivities
- Hormonal changes
Natural Chiropractic Headache Treatment – What’s Involved?
Your Orlando chiropractor, Dr. David Shaw, can help you achieve relief by creating a migraine or headache treatment plan.
After getting an accurate diagnosis, Dr. Shaw may recommend one or more of the following therapies.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: When your spine is out of alignment, it puts pressure on the muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, and nerves – all of which can lead to pain. Adjusting the spine can relieve pain and help prevent headaches.
- Ergonomics Training: A common cause of tension headaches is poor posture. Whether you’re standing, driving, working at a computer, or hanging out on your couch looking at your phone, it is easy to get out of the habit of good posture. Dr. Shaw can provide you with ergonomics and posture tips to keep muscle tension and strain to a minimum.
Your Orlando Chiropractor Is Committed to Long-Term Pain Relief
Through his continuing education, Dr. Shaw has learned that to truly provide you with relief (and even help prevent pain in the first place), he needs to address the root cause. You can be sure that when Dr. Shaw provides you with a headache treatment plan that it’s going to benefit you for years to come.
Ready to get relief from your headaches? Contact us right away at 407-851-0980 to schedule an appointment.