5 Reasons Why Chiropractic is the Best Sciatica Treatment
Many people suffer through sciatic nerve pain every day not realizing that a solution is out there. If you experience sciatica, you’ve probably noticed that over-the-counter drugs do little to improve your pain.
The truth is, sciatica isn’t a condition itself but rather a symptom of an underlying condition. Here’s why chiropractic care in Orlando, Florida is the best sciatica treatment option for long-term relief.
Why is Chiropractic Care the Best Option for Treating Sciatica?
Various conditions can trigger acute or chronic sciatic nerve pain such as misaligned spinal vertebrae and nerve compression. The only viable treatments for sciatica must focus on treating these problems instead of masking symptoms of the pain.
- It targets the pain at its source. Chiropractic care employs various techniques to adjust the musculoskeletal system and encourage healthy movement. This treats the conditions that cause sciatic pain instead of simply masking symptoms.
- It’s drug-free and all-natural. At least 115 people die in the United States each day after overdosing on opioids. Even OTC medications like ibuprofen can wreak havoc on your liver and stomach with long-term use. Chiropractic care provides an all-natural solution without merely masking symptoms with the use of harmful drugs.
- It leads to long-term health. Chiropractic care is comprehensive and seeks to heal the entire body instead of just treating your symptoms. Your Orlando, FL chiropractor will provide you with exercise and lifestyle modifications to optimize your long-term health and ensure your pain doesn’t return.
- It’s a non-invasive sciatica treatment. Surgery for sciatica often involves removing the herniated disc or discs putting pressure on your sciatic nerve. In many cases, back surgery can leave you in worse pain than before. Chiropractic care like spinal manipulation provides a gentle and non-invasive solution.
- It’s cost effective. Surgery and doctor visits are expensive – especially if you don’t have insurance. Even if you aren’t insured, chiropractic care is often much more affordable and cost-effective than conventional medicine.
Studies show that chiropractic care is beneficial for treating sciatic pain from other conditions relating to the spine. Meanwhile, conventional medicine will typically suggest over-the-counter pain relievers and even invasive surgeries.
Sciatica Treatment in Orlando, Florida
Doctor David Shaw has over 25 years of experience providing drug-free pain relief to the Orlando, Florida community. Using a “whole person” approach, Dr. Shaw combines a hands-on technique with state-of-the-art technology to optimize patient health.